If you have an outgoing personality and are interested in starting your own business as a coaching , this article will help you get into action.
Note that it may take two to five years to see a clear gain as you build your clientele and your professional reputation. This article includes steps from seeking certification until the grand opening of your business.
Steps of Establish a personal trainer business
1. Get certified as a personal trainer. The ACE are among the most respected and recognized in the fitness industry. The cost of the certification program varies between US $ 300 to US $ 400 and you have the option to choose between a program of general or specialized training that will prepare you for the needs of children, elderly, injured, or disabled clients. General training is offered for any individual or group of personal trainers. The program you choose will depend on your preferences and personality. All programs culminate in a certification exam.
2. Once certified, you need to create your exercise routines. Remember to include warm-up exercises, cooling, flexibility training, strength and cardiovascular exercises for beginners, intermediate and advanced levels. You may want to use video tutorials and a notebook to design your routines. Do not be shy to seek advice from experienced instructors.
3. Develop your business plan, including a marketing strategy and an operating budget. Decide who you will be training (target demographic), how can you attract and retain your customers and how cobrarás for your services. You may want to request a fictitious name for your business, unless if you cover under your own name. Please note marketing tools / promotional and your operational budget at least for the first year and up to five years. If you’re going to have partners, list their names and describes their functions in the company. Remember to include office supplies, furniture, utilities, cleaning and monthly rent of your space if you’re going to have a physical place.
4. The following are the legal and tax requirements. Get your business license and register your small business as a sole proprietorship, limited liability company (LLC) or a corporation. Fix any fee or license required by your region and acquires all necessary permits to do business.
5. Find a location for business and rent or buy exercise equipment. If your budget is limited, you can choose to go to the homes of your clients or business for appointments training. In this scenario, you still need basic products like tape measures, weighing scales, blood pressure monitors and heart rate, weights, elastic bands a rebounder, exercise balls and more.
6. Acquires a liability insurance. See several quotes before choosing a plan.
7. Acquires a business program to automate the business. You will need to generate invoices for billing the customer, perform basic accounting functions and maintain customer records and training records. The software should be able to help you keep track of appointments, forms, exemptions and other documents.
8. Order your business cards from 180 to 90 days before the first day of business. Place ads and print / distribute flyers announcing your new personal training business 30 to 45 days before the inauguration. Try to schedule appointments at least one month in advance to allow cancellation and rescheduling. Ask customers who cancel with no less than 24 hours in advance or will have to pay the price of your session. Make personalized with your business name and logo shirts available for delivery on the day of the grand opening. Promotional t-shirts are good publicity !.
- Read More here : 9+1 Tips to Make Money as a Personal Trainer