The covers both as the driver identified in the policy. However, since both are , responsibility can become quite confusing when an insured person drives a car that is also insured but with a different policy. If an accident in this situation, first you go to car insurance and then the driver occurs. There are several special situations.
The general rule is that the insurance follows the identified vehicle, not the driver. However, your insurance may be liable in certain situations as a third party if you have an accident. For example, if you’re driving the insured car of a friend and have an accident, your insurance covers first the wreckage. If your insurance has expired, you can get compensation from your insurance company. Note that the limits to claim the insurance does not extend beyond the limits of the first insured. In other words, if your friend has just liability insurance and full coverage you have on your vehicle, the claim can not be extended beyond the limits of the comprehensive insurance.
If you have auto insurance but the other person does not, it is unlikely that your insurance covers you. For this reason, you should determine for yourself if the car insurance copper from the other person. If you are unsure whether your insurance is adequate to cover when you drive, talk to your insurance company.
If you rent a car, your insurance covers you to the limits of your policy. However, if you have a liability policy only, the company that income required to buy insurance against shock, either through them or your own insurance. Compare costs before deciding. Some credit card companies offer insurance against shock if you rent a car using their card, but if you choose this option make sure the terms are in writing insurance.
Take cover yourself
In any situation where you’re unsure about your personal responsibility, check with your auto insurance company. Not only they can answer your specific question, but also record that you contacted you regarding that. This gives you an argument if they deny the claims.
- Top 10 Auto and Home insurance companies
- The 12 insurance companies earning more than 100 million euros in Spain
- Tricks To Save On Motorcycle Insurance | Do’s & Don’ts To Save
- Tips and Tricks To Save Money With Insurance
- Read Before You Go | Car Insurance Tips
- 30 Insurance Companies In The United Kingdom (UK)
- The top 50 insurance companies in the United States of America
- The Importance of Life Insurance | Insurance – TinoShare
- The Top 25 Insurance companies in Canada & North America
- Does auto insurance covers a cracked windshield?