In this article, we explain in a few simple steps how to change the name of the WiFi network and the password in an Arcadyan VRV8019AW22 modem. Configuration is done first by connecting a computer directly through a network cable to the modem.
Then open the browser and in the address bar (where the name of the page is written) and type http://192.168.1.254/ and press the ENTER key. When you do that you will be presented with a page that will prompt you for a username and password. The images below are not in English and we ask you to read the detailed steps. Images for preview only.
Note: The images below are not in English and we ask you to read the detailed steps. Images for preview only.
If you do not see this page you can read this tutorial 192.168.1.254 that helps you to enter the configuration/settings page.
When the router configuration page appears, in the username, type TELMEX and in the password put the one in front of the modem called WPA or WEP Key (It should be on the box or a sticker on a modem) and press ENTER.
On the page that appears you will see a menu on the left side. Click where it says “Wireless LAN” and then click on the option below that says “2.4G“.
- Enable or disable the WiFi network.
- Broadcast SSID1 is to keep hidden or show WiFi network.
- SSID1 is the name of the wireless network. You can erase the one you have and put a different one.
- Where it says a type of client allowed you can choose WPA2. That is the type of wireless network security.
- In “Wireless Mode” choose the same one that is in the image, it is the wireless technology with which it will work.
- Authentication is the validation mode of wireless network security, there you choose PSK.
- Where it says “Shared Key” is for your password. Type your password and make sure it consists of 8 to 63 characters.
When you make the necessary changes click on a button that is at the end below that says “Save” so that the changes are made.