In this article, I will explain how to change the Wi-Fi password on a Thomson TCW770 modem router. This equipment is offered by many companies that provide Internet services, such as Euskaltel. Making the Wi-Fi configuration on this router is quite easy, which we explain below.
After doing that you will enter the configuration page of the computer where you will see many configuration options. In the menu at the top click where it says “Wireless“, then click “Primary Network” on the left and you will see something like the following image:
Now configure the following options:
- Primary Network. It is the first option that once in the image, is to enable or disable the Wi-Fi in which you must choose “Enable” to have it activated.
- Network Name (SSID). This is the name of the Wi-Fi network, it has a default name configured by the manufacturer or ISP, you can delete the one you have and put the one you like.
- Closed Network. This is to show or hide the Wi-Fi network.
- WPA / WPA-PSK / WPA2 / WPA2-PSK. This is the type of security that will have to the wireless network, only leave in Enable WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK.
- WPA / WPA Encryption. It is the type of encryption of the wireless password, this helps to make the network more secure and prevent future hacking of the network, it is recommended TKIP + AES.
- WPA Pre-Shared Key. There you put the password you want to have, it must be from 8 to 63 characters.
After making the changes, at the bottom you will find a button to save the changes, you click on it and that’s it, you will already have your Wi-Fi configured on your router. Sometimes the router restarts after pressing that button so if that happens you would have to wait for it to load again.