This tutorial explains how to change the WiFi password on a TL-WR740N TP-LINK router. First, open the browser and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.1/ and press ENTER. When you do that you will get a window or box that will ask for a username and password. The username and password that this modem brings by default is an admin. Type admin in both username and password field.
When you enter you will get a router configuration/setting page. On the left side there is a menu, click where it says Wireless and you will automatically enter “Wireless setting“.
- SSID. This is the name of the WiFi network, you can delete the one you have and put the one you want.
- Enable Wireless Router Radio. This is to enable or disable the wireless functions, it must be activated.
- Enable SSID Broadcast. This option is to broadcast or hide the WiFi network.
After making the desired changes click on the button below that says “Save“.
After saving the changes in the menu on the left side of Wireless, go to Wireless security. You will see something like the following.
- Select first where it says “WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK“.
- Where it says “WPA-PSK“.
- In Encryption choose AES.
- PSK Password is where you put your password which must be from 8 to 63 characters.
- Now to save the changes click on the button below that says “Save”.
Doing so will only connect to your wireless devices.
You can also read the tutorial on configuring WiFi on the TP-LINK TL-WR741ND router.
Tips to keep in mind after configuring your TP-LINK Router TL-WR740N
- Give it a network name you have not previously had. It is to avoid problems to connect. This usually happens if there is already a network name with the same name stored in the mobile. It can be solved by deleting the saved name, but not everyone understands that and it is usually easier to put a different name and ready.
- The name of the wireless network is recommended to have a name without special characters and that does not contain letters that are not in the English alphabet, such as then and vowels with tildes.
- If it does not work after doing the wireless configuration restart the router.
- You can also reset the router to its configuration in the reset button on the back.
Any questions regarding this topic leave a comment.