If you are reading this is because you possibly say my computer is very slow. How do I get it faster? This almost always happens due to the carelessness of the user with their PC, since in many cases they do not give maintenance to their computer, they allow programs to enter rubbish, virus, spyware, adware, ect.
In this article, we explain what to do to improve the speed of your computer.
What to do if my computer is very slow
If you want to increase the speed of your computer considerably follow these steps:
- Paste the CleanUP to the PC so that you do a cleaning of the wastes of uninstalls, hidden trash programs and Adwares.
- Disable programs that start Windows unnecessarily, such as Skype and OneDrive for example, that greatly increases the speed of your PC. You can find this section here How to improve my PC for games? | Accelerate and optimise
- Delete all programs you do not need and do not use.
- Organise your stuff. Put everything in folders apart and delete files that you know you’ll never use, so when you open documents, there are 6 or 8 folders deriving all the information.
- It uses Google Chrome, since it is the fastest browser that exists.
- Then download an antivirus that you consider, I recommend Avast (Download it from the official page) and scan the PC to detect the viruses that slow down your PC. Also if you have many icons on the desktop this makes it slow to the PC. So try to have as few icons as possible.
What else can I do if my computer is very slow?
- Check that the local disk C: /, you should have at least 7.5GB free disk space (since otherwise your operating system does not have space to generate the swap file that uses when we have low physical RAM and this Very slow).
- Download a program like CCleaner. It cleans the registry of your PC and cleans the disk drives of temporary Internet files and all those things. The program is configured by default so that you do not make mistakes. In the parts that says advanced do not modify anything. With this you could stop asking if my computer is very slow.
- Already after doing all the previous steps, restart the PC and you will see a great difference in speed of your PC.
- Finally if you have enough money, change the graphics card to a more powerful one that has its own memory (512MG or 1GB) and bring your RAM to 3Gb at least if the motherboard allows.
You may also want to read: How to improve my gaming PC? | Accelerate and optimize