In this article, I will show you how to disable “Cortana ” in Windows 10. Cortana, the personal assistant of Windows 10 is very good, but sometimes has some leaks with the information that gives us.
Disabling Cortona is has very simple steps that anyone can do and here is how to disable or enable Cortana on Windows 10.
Simple Steps to Disable Cortona on Windows 10
To make “Cortana” stop working, you have to go to your Start button (Windows icon at the bottom left corner) then right click on it and select “Run“. You can see on the image below.
After you have completed the first step, we will go to our gpedit, that you do by opening “Run”. (GPEDIT stands for Group policies) A small white window will appear where you should write gpedit.msc to enter the local policies or local directives. Then press Enter (or hit OK).
NOTE: If gpedit.msc does not work, it is because you have a WINDOWS HOME Edition. Group policies work on Windows Pro version. In that case, you should read the next article: How to Disable Cortana on Windows 10 Home – Solution
After you hit OK, follow below.
- Double click on “Computer Configuration” (you should expand it)
- Then to “Administrative Templates” followed by “Windows Components”
- in Windows components, go to the “Search” option.
- There you will see the directives that say “Allow Cortana”, “Allow Cortana above lock screen” and many more.
- Then you double click where it says “Allow Cortana”.
- Then disable Cortana by click on the ” Disable option. Then press ” Apply ” followed by clicking ” OK “.
For Cortana to be disabled, you should restart your PC so that the changes can be applied.
Once your computer has been restarted, Cortana will no longer appear, but you will be able to search your Windows operating system.