The ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error is a problem that occurs in the Google Chrome browser and happens when the DNS configured on the router or computer is not working properly. The solution is to configure custom DNS on your computer and to allow pages to load properly.
The error is usually accompanied by a message that says something like “This webpage is not available“. For that, you only have to follow the steps that we are going to explain to you next.
Steps to fix ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error
First open Windows + R (run) and type ncpa.cpl and press ENTER. A window will open that will show you the network connections of your computer. To which you are using right click and then click where it says “Properties“.
Doing so will open a double-click window where it says “Enable Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP / IPv4)”. A second window will open e3n which you should go to the last section and check the box that says “Use the following DNS server addresses“. (Image below)
When you do that will enable the two fields below that will allow you to write to them. In the first field you put 184.108.40.206 and in the second you put 220.127.116.11 and click on “OK” to save the changes.
If you still continue the error ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
Continuing the disadvantage performs the following tests:
- Reboot the router. (Disconnect and connect cable)
- Try rebooting the computer.
- Make sure you have the date and time set correctly on your computer.
- Pass an antivirus to your computer (Could be a virus cause) – Disable it temporary
- Make sure you really have an internet connection.
- Verify that it is not on a specific page.
- Try clearing browser history, cache, and cookies.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this subject please leave a comment.
- How to Fix This Site Can’t be Reached (Err_Connection_Refused)
- How to Fix ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED In Chrome (Windows 10/8.1/7)
- Fix This site can’t be reached|ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED in Google
- How to fix This Website can’t be reached | Google Chrome Mozilla Firefox ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED