There are two important things to learn in life: one is to learn certain concepts about money, and the other is learning how to sell. A businessman who used to say success is for those who know how to sell. Perhaps the vendors have a bad reputation, and I understand after meeting some characters so, I recommend you read these two articles:
Probably the sales profession or trade is one of the most undervalued professions in the labor market and the companies themselves. For me, however, the seller is the engine of a company, and if I have learned in this profession is that at the company wins best sales professionals, just as a playing field the best athletes win.
Moreover, with simple techniques of sales to subsidiaries of a trade, the company can grow its sales significantly. First things are always first:
1. Why should you learn about sales?
In this life, everything is a continuous and constant sale. The first thing that you sell, as a person, as a worker, or brand image. When you go to a job interview, you’re selling, and many of the techniques used in sales are exactly the same as those used in an interview. Even if you go to “bind” a Saturday night, you’re selling, trying to introduce your product ahead of the competition. And not always win the most attractive product (best design). Sometimes Wins the product with better functionality (better performance), but you must know what the customer wants to buy and know how to sell it.
The problem that vendors have such a bad reputation in some areas is because they were liars tagged, vicious and johns in many cases, although it is clear that some of the fault lies with companies, mainly due to considering that serves any vendor, end up hiring people who lack the training, skills and competence to pursue this complicated world that today does not teach you in school.
“It’s not that sellers are vicious, lying and johns, it is that companies hire any liar, vicious and john for a job that is not suitable, as in this If sales are. “
Robert Louis Stevenson -had it right when he wrote “Everyone lives by selling something. ” I used to say that whatever you do in life, sales skills will help (no exceptions). In fact, part of Apple’s success has been due to Steve Jobs knew sale and some of the doubts that now generates new CEO Tim Cook is not know how to sell.
How to be a big seller?
The first thing to be a big seller is to sell something that you create by your own. It will be very difficult, if not impossible, the fact that make money by selling something you do not really like as a seller. The first thing to know is the sales cycle. Regardless of what you sell, whether we speak of combs like we’re going to holdings of investment funds, the steps do not vary at all.
- 1. The sale begins with our initial presentation.
- 2. We got information about that person through a chat and detect their needs (if any, will be created).
- 3. We seek the way to meet that need with our product or service.
- 4. Objections and / or questions to refute and / or respond
- 5. Closing the Sale
Track your sales system.
5 questions to help you seize the time:
5. How you intended to spend? Clear this questionnaire to avoid losing time promoting the benefits of products that are out of the budget. In this way we will promote the benefits of the products that are within the client’s budget.
When we go to make presentations.
- Thoroughly investigating the company.
- Investigate the prospects of the company.
- Make a fun, simple presentation, focused on the essential and if possible short and few talking points.
- Be prepared for the questioning.
And always ready to take that Murphy’s Law is no-nonsense and sometimes is very present. If that happens, try to handle it properly, and if nothing you can do, it is not the end of the world.