Moving email service provider is now made easier, thanks to the developers who think and gives such solutions. The methods of migrating/importing your Yahoo, Hotmail, Outlook and others into Gmail account has very simple steps that anyone can do.
In the previous article, we talked about “How to Import Contacts from Outlook to Gmail? – Solution” and in this article, we are going to talk about Migrate/Import to Contacts to Gmail from Yahoo!, Hotmail, AOL, POP3 or other webmail
Here we go
1. From your Hotmail or Yahoo account, move all your messages (those ones which you wat to migrate) from other folders into the “Inbox Folder” by simply selecting all and dragging to inbox (or selecting all and moving into the Inbox)
2. Then go to your Gmail account and open the Accounts and Imports tab from the settings.(https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/accounts)
3. Click where it says “Import mail and contacts”
4. Then a window will pop up where you should type the email address you want to migrate/import.
5. Click on continue and you will be directed to another Window where it will ask you the below image.
6. Click continue again and there will be another Window asking your permission.
7. Click Yes and it will ask you to close the Window to continue because Authentication was successful. Close it
8. Then the other Window will take you to the 2nd step (Import Options). Tick on all and click start importing” then OK.
That’s it. You are done.
Few tips to keep in mind.
– The import process might take at least 2 working days (depending on the number of emails you have) to see all the imported emails into Gmail.
– Keep in mind that drafts, spams and trash folders will not be imported and only those ones that you have moved to INBOX will be imported.
– Gmail specifically will create a label for the imported messages so after 2 days, you can come back and see the label if all is done.