This year, many businesses have realized that mobile investment is a necessity to have success in e – commerce.
The challenge now is no longer to be optimized sites or a good mobile application, rather it is to attract attention, build trust and meet customer expectations. But to achieve this, it is necessary for online business owners to understand more about the strategies that can be implemented and best practices.
Now you’re starting in e-commerce, it’s time to start thinking about actions that help boost your online business. Then we’ll tell you some basics you need to know to succeed in mobile marketing.
What is mobile marketing?
Simple, mobile marketing refers to the set of marketing strategies carried through mobile devices. This means a broad understanding of the mobile audience to meet their needs in the best way through their devices.
Undoubtedly, the use of mobile devices has changed the way consumers relate to brands. People are making product searches, opening their email, update their social networks, visiting websites and to make purchases from their smartphone or tablet.
So, the mobile marketing cash will be achieved through an understanding of the mobile audience, content creation for such devices and achieving tailor strategies to reach consumers in the right place and time.
Why have I to focus efforts on mobile?
- Smartphone users are increasing . In 2012 they were recorded around 1.13 million smartphone users, this number increased by 27% during 2013 and has been increasing in subsequent years.
- Mobiles have made users spend more time surfing. Because it is easy to access from almost anywhere.
- In Latin America, 67% of Internet users seeking information on the Internet from their smartphone. At specific times, people use the search engine to find information and buy products.
- People spend 90% of their time in mobile applications . With applications to help carry out many tasks, if executed properly, can retain customers.
- The phones are easier to use than computers. Starting with its size and practicality, the phones are more friendly to users, this is a strong reason why we are beginning to replace computers to carry out simple tasks.
How to create a mobile marketing strategy?
Like any marketing effort, companies must develop mobile strategies based on an analysis of the audience and industry. Technology increasingly provides more customization options and therefore mobile marketing should also be treated like that.
So how do you create a mobile marketing strategy?
Understand your mobile customers/buyers
You can not begin to create applications or advertisements without knowing the needs of your mobile customers.
So to start, what to do is to analyze your audience and establish a mobile buyer person. That is, a profile that describes the characteristics of the client, but especially describe how to use technology as sources of information, purchasing process, consuming online content, etc.
One way to understand how to use mobile devices to search for information related to your product or shopping is using what Google calls micro-moments.
The micro-moments, according to Google , “are those key moments where people use their mobile devices to perform actions related to what they need or want at that moment. Users want information, go to a store or make a purchase and are loaded with intent, context, and immediacy. ”
There are four key micro-moments :
- I want to buy time.
- Now I want to do.
- Now I want to know.
- Now I want to go.
Knowing these micro-moments will help you understand the intent and the context in which the customer need arises.
The following questions will help you begin to identify the data you need to know:
- What information I have available on the moments of my clients, in addition to their demographics?
- What are the most important moments for your strategy?
- What kind of questions and needs consumers have in those moments that your brand should use?
- How to consumer needs vary depending on the context?
- Am I taking into account all the key moments that occur during the course of the consumer?
You need to define what it will be your success. Do not forget that your goals must be clear, measurable, specific and time-bound.
Currently, many users expect sites allow them to make quick and smooth transactions from their mobile devices.
With defined goals, you can determine what tactics carried out to meet them. The mobile marketing strategies can be as varied and depend on the type of business. Some options you can adjust include:
- Mobile advertising campaigns : where it is necessary to identify the means they use to browse or search for information.
- Email marketing: where you need to adapt your content and promotions so that the user can view them on your device perfectly.
- Messaging: For years companies using SMS, actions can now be executed through messaging applications like WhatsApp popular.
Like any strategy, you need to test and optimize. So once you define your goals, determine what key indicators that will help measure the success of your actions will be.
There are many tools to help you control your results, Google Analytics, for example, can provide useful information about the behavior of users to see how they interact with your site from mobile; conversion data; etc.
Website or mobile application
Today, many websites already have a mobile version, but just enough to make sure it fits your screens, it must also be functional. The 79% of customers who declare themselves dissatisfied with the performance of a website say they see little chance to buy back there.
Your site must provide a unique user experience to mobile devices, and that means basically:
- Content suited to the screen without the user to zoom or have to slide sideways.
- Loading speed, many users leave a site if it does not load in three seconds or less.
- Easy to perform any action (purchase, subscription, download, etc.)
In addition, many e – commerce businesses are taking advantage of the popularity of mobile applications for customers to have an easy way to make purchases and keep up with your business.
Some benefits of mobile applications for online stores with:
- Create a direct marketing channel.
- It allows the brand to be available at all times for the customer.
- Improved customer engagement and gives value.
- Strengthens the brand.
If you believe that mobile applications are for large companies like Amazon or Facebook, you have to know that small businesses have many opportunities, but you need to find the best way to adapt your business to a mobile application.
The mobile marketing is not an isolated effort, are actions that must go hand in hand with your digital marketing actions.
So you start to optimize your strategies and make your site adapt to the new market needs. Do not forget to measure and improve your actions to be more successful.