Learn more about how to act in an accident, you will save on setbacks, save on your car insurance.
What should you always carry in your car?
- driving license
- Technical details of the vehicle
- The road tax receipt
- ITV + adhesive into force last card certificate ITV +
- Receipt of valid insurance
- A pair of glasses or contact lenses replacement, if the use
- A spare wheel
How to act in case of an accident?
- Position your vehicle in a safe and hazard lights on the place.
- Reflective triangles placed 50 m in both directions.
- Disconnect the contact of the crashed vehicles.
- Immobilized and ensures the damaged vehicle.
- Check spills fuel oil signaling its existence.
- 112 requests help, Civil Guard, Red Cross or to the nearest medical center
- Reports: the telephone number from which flames, the crash site, number and status of affected, type of accident, circulatory risks and hazards in the area.
- If you prefer, use the free application for smartphone Zurich Insurance.
- Do not move the injured
- If trapped persons and tranquilíazlos accessed.
- Inform health care teams work done.
What usually causes an accident?
- Improper speed and exceed the set speed. Always respect the limits.
- No driving on the indicated part or do the contrary. Always respect the rules.
- Do not keep the safety distance. Always leave a distance that allows you to react.
- Not respecting preferences or signals such as stop, yield or traffic lights. Respect the signs.
- No regulatory overtaking. Respect the rules and prudent.
- Turning improperly. Respect the rules and prudent.
How to fill out an accident report?
- If there are injuries, warns an ambulance.
If the opposing driver symptoms of intoxication, do not accept responsibility or if he refuses to fill the part, call the police (emergency telephone 112).
- It indicates all data of people and vehicles involved in the accident.
We advise you to check its authenticity by asking the opposite driver ID card and the receipt of the policy in force.
- Describe the incident in detail.
Write down everything you remember about what happened. We also recommend you make a sketch of the accident and it never hurts to take data (name and ID) of potential witnesses.
- All parties must sign the part. Otherwise you will not have much use and can be extended later steps.
Remember that after signing the part you can not add, delete or modify any information and that each person who signs must keep a copy of the part.
- Alerts as soon as possible to your insurance advisor or call Zurich Insurance.
It is very important to do immediately after the accident had to expedite the process. You can also do this through the application of Zurich Insurance Smartphone.
What affects your driving?
Some medicines affect the central nervous system, so you have to ask your doctor or read the leaflet for how they affect driving.The drug’s label indicates whether driving is contraindicated.
Alcohol impairs driving ability affecting the vision, the calculation of distances and responsiveness.
The alcohol tends to peak one hour after taking the last drink.
The rate of alcohol is the amount of alcohol no breath inblood.
Other Types of Negative Dr**gs
Are forbidden to drive after taking dr**s.
The dr**s decrease the drivability affecting the speed and movement coordination, balance, reflexes, the mood and personality
Symptoms : body changes, flicker and postural adjustments. Reduction efficiency maneuvering.Appearance of boredom, anxiety, instability. Quick sleep favored by alcohol and some dr**s.
- Recommendations : Discontinue trip every 200 km or every 2 hours.. Always have adequate ventilation. Drink water frequently. Make light meals.
symptoms : Vision problems to assess distances. Glare at night. Sense of dread. lack of attention. headache. Changes in appetite. Tiredness and fatigue, worry, nervousness, restlessness, depressive attitude, irritability. Aggressiveness to interact with other vehicles, pedestrians and passengers. Recommendations : Periodic evaluation of psycho professional drivers. Avoid traffic jams, find ways with little movement. Promote activities that prevent or counteract stress.
Effect : Decreases responsiveness. Loss of attention to the path on the road. Increases distractions. Altered perceptions of signals, lights, etc. States of tension, nervousness and aggression. Recommendations : Make frequent stops to break the monotony. Keep cabin well ventilated vehicle. Do not make large meals. Hold conversations with your passengers. Stop to refresh with cold water.
- Keys to practice a more sustainable and safe driving.
Dim the path of the car on the road it is an ecological and economical option. Going from 120 km / ha 100 km / h reduces fuel consumption by 25% and optimizes engine performance. Adapt your speed to the traffic rules reduced the level of emissions into the atmosphere contaminates before (65% of the CO2 in the cities comes from the exhaust pipes).
Purchase fed hybrid or biofuel vehicles, help considerable savings.
The use of cars should not be indiscriminate, there are other options that we shuffle depending on the need.From walking through the bike and to publictransportation are sometimes better choices.
- Top 10 Auto and Home insurance companies
- The 12 insurance companies earning more than 100 million euros in Spain
- Tricks To Save On Motorcycle Insurance | Do’s & Don’ts To Save
- Tips and Tricks To Save Money With Insurance
- Read Before You Go | Car Insurance Tips
- 30 Insurance Companies In The United Kingdom (UK)
- The top 50 insurance companies in the United States of America
- The Importance of Life Insurance | Insurance – TinoShare
- The Top 25 Insurance companies in Canada & North America