If you want to ensure the intake of one of the most important minerals for the body, without consuming any food of animal origin, today we give you six options of snacks rich in iron, ideal for vegans.
Daily need 8 to 18 mg of iron in men and women, respectively, and given that snacks should provide 10% of the nutrients and calories a day, then leave options that exceed the proportion of iron and also are ideal for vegans.
- Glass of soy milk (200cc) with 2 teaspoons of wheat germ (10 grams) provides 2.45 mg of iron.
- Glass of orange juice (200cc) with 50 grams of tofu: provides 2.15 mg of iron, in this case, its absorption is enhanced by vitamin C of fresh orange juice.
- Toasted bread (30 grams) with a handful of watercress and half tomato, contains 2.1 mg of iron and here too, tomato vitamin C improves utilization of vegetable iron in our body.
- Quinoa (10 grams) boiled in soy milk (100cc): provides 2.1 mg of iron.
- 3 0 4 dried peaches (30 grams): provide 2.07 mg of iron.
- A handful of sunflower seeds (30 grams) provides 1.9 mg of iron.
As you can see, there are many different options in rich iron snacks that contribute to cover the share of this mineral even though no animal foods are consumed, but only, herbal ingredients.
Therefore, if you are vegan and want to take care iron intake every day, here are six alternatives to snacks, rich in this mineral that provides so many benefits to the body.
Via : www.vitonica.com