Android devices come with three types of fonts by default: Sans Droid, Droid Sans Mono and Droid Serif. These fonts are easy to read on the Android operating system but can be a little bland. Android users with a rooted device can replace these font types with other TTF or True Type fonts, if they wish, giving them the ability to fully customise the look of their Android device.
- Open a web browser and navigate to a website that offers TTF fonts to download. 1001 Free Fonts, Font Freak, and Fonts 101 are some of the websites that offer this service. Once you find the font you want to install on your Android device, download the font on your computer.
- Connect your Android device to your computer using the USB connection cable. Double-click the Android Removable Storage Device icon and open the root folder of the device’s SD card. Drag the TTF source you downloaded in step 1 into the root folder of the device’s SD card.
- Go to the “Play Market” application and type “Root Explorer” in the corresponding space and press the “Search” button to search the application.
- When you found it the “Root Explorer”, “Explorer” application in the search results list. Click the “Install” button and confirm the installation to install the application on the device.
- Click on the “Root Explorer” application icon to start the application. Touch the icon of the root folder of the SD card to see its contents. Hold down the TTF file in the root folder of the SD card and select the “Copy” option when prompted.
- Click on the “System” folder icon, then the “Fonts” folder icon. Click on the “R / W” button, followed by the “Paste” option to paste the TTF file in fonts folder.
- Touch and hold the “DroidSans.ttf” file in the “Fonts” folder and rename the file “DroidSans.ttf.orig“. Touch and hold the. TTF file you pasted in step 6 and rename the file “DroidSans.ttf“.
- Click on the “R / O” button to restart the device. Once the device is restarted, the new TTF font will be used instead of the default DroidSans.ttf font.
How to apply .ttf fonts to Android
How to install .ttf font on your android.
How to: get TTF font on SAMSUNG phone (NO ROOT REQUIRED)
How to change Custom Font for Android lollipop